Friday, May 27, 2022

Sweet Child

From 9235 days a week

you walk bravely from room 

Into silent filled room - 

which saddens me so

At best you remain unnoticed unheard. 

At worst uninvited unincluded by 

your peers


Daily they heap upon you their 

mirth, scorn and jeers

For long ago you become an outlet: 

For the venom. And their fears. 


I see you fight back hard

sometimes hour by the hour

Giving back as good as you get - 

But like fuel to the fire I 

watch it bring you no good:

5,6,7 or is it 10, 12 against you?

These house of card furies

That swarm

On and on they 

continue to come

And so I ask myself:

Is it the lanky tall? or the Clearasiled pimples?

But no.

You are the same race as them all

And Button-bright? 

Indeed quite a bit.


The dreaded group /pair work activity arrives

With no one to work with, 

I shall be your partner in Rhyme

Filling out worksheets we chat a bit and

online I learn that you are quite a hit

Building a 150K following strong

You success makes me rejoice cheering 

you on - 

And offline Sweetie Pie Child?

I am your plus one!

Whenever they  say

no one likes you / you have no friends,

I will happily correct letting them know 

it's not true.

Always remember and do stay strong 

For on this beautiful 

green blue planet

there is space

And You Do Belong! 

(For AL)







No comments:

Post a Comment